current email: pengsun000:gmail<com
other or former emails: pythonsun:tencent<com, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
where : = @, < = .
Machine Learning and its applications. In particular, Deep Learning, Deep Reinforcement Learning, Boosting and Computer Vision.
Oct, 2016 - Now. Senior Researcher with Tencent AI Lab.
Aug, 2015 – Aug, 2016 Post-doctoral researcher on Machine Learning, Deep Learning applied to Natural Language Processing and Sequential Data, Dpt. of Statistics, Rutgers University. Advisor: Tong Zhang
Sep, 2014 – Aug, 2015 Post-doctoral researcher on Machine Learning applied to Medical Image Processing and CT image based Cardiovascular disease diagnosis, Dalio ICI, Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University. Advisors: Guanglei Xiong and James K. Min
Sep, 2008 – Jul, 2014 PhD at i-Vision Group, Dpt. of Automation, Tsinghua University. Supervisor: Jie Zhou.
Sep, 2001 – Jul, 2005 Bachelor Degree of Telecommunication Engineering, Wuhan University of Technology (WHUT). Rank 2 of 200+.
- Python (with Tensorflow)
- C++ (Procedural/Object-Oriented/Generic programming; with popular libraries, e.g., OpenCV)
- Lua (with Torch 7 for prototyping or deploying Deep Learning algorithms)
- Matlab (fast prototyping, as script and test-bench, mex hybrid programming…)
- Experiences on Multi-threading and GPU (CUDA C)
- Lei Han*, Jiechao Xiong*, Peng Sun*, Xinghai Sun, Meng Fang, Qingwei Guo, Qiaobo Chen, Tengfei Shi, Zhengyou Zhang. TStarBot-X: An Open-Sourced and Comprehensive Study for Efficient League Training in StarCraft II Full Game. arXiv preprint arXiv:2011.13729, 2020 (* Equal contribution, correspondence to the first three authors)
- Peng Sun*, Jiechao Xiong*, Lei Han*, Xinghai Sun, Shuxing Li, Jiawei Xu, Meng Fang, Zhengyou Zhang. TLeague: A Framework for Competitive Self-Play based Distributed Multi-Agent Reinforcement Learning. arXiv preprint arXiv:2011.12895, 2020 (* Equal contribution, correspondence to the first three authors)
- Qing Wang*, Jiechao Xiong*, Lei Han, Meng Fang, Xinghai Sun, Zhuobin Zheng, Peng Sun, Zhengyou Zhang. “Arena: a toolkit for Multi-Agent Reinforcement Learning”, https://arxiv.org/abs/1907.09467, 2019 (* indicates equal contribution)
- Peng Sun*, Xinghai Sun*, Lei Han*, Jiechao Xiong*, Qing Wang, Bo Li, Yang Zheng, Ji Liu, Yongsheng Liu, Han Liu, Tong Zhang. “TStarBots: Defeating the Cheating Level Builtin AI in StarCraft II in the Full Game”, https://arxiv.org/abs/1809.07193, 2018 (* indicates equal contribution)
- Peng Sun, James K. Min, Guanglei Xiong. “Globally Tuned Cascade Pose Regression via Back Propagation with Application in 2D Face Pose Estimation and Heart Segmentation in 3D CT Images.” http://arxiv.org/abs/1503.08843, 2015
- Peng Sun, Haoyin Zhou, Devon Lundine, James K Min, Guanglei Xiong. “Fast Segmentation of Left Ventricle in CT Images by Explicit Shape Regression using Random Pixel Difference Features”. http://arxiv.org/abs/1507.07508, 2015
- Zequn Jie, Peng Sun, Xin Li, Jiashi Feng and Wei Liu. “Anytime Recognition with Routing Convolutional Networks”. TPAMI 2019
- Fangwei Zhong, Peng Sun, Wenhan Luo, Tingyun Yan, Yizhou Wang. “AD-VAT+: An Asymmetric Dueling Mechanism for Learning and Understanding Visual Active Tracking”. TPAMI 2019
- Lei Han*, Peng Sun*, Yali Du*, Jiechao Xiong, Qing Wang, Xinghai Sun, Han Liu, Tong Zhang. “Grid-Wise Control for Multi-Agent Reinforcement Learning in Video Game AI”. ICML 2019 (* indicates equal contribution)
- Wenhan Luo*, Peng Sun*, Fangwei Zhong*, Wei Liu, Tong Zhang, Yizhou Wang. “End-to-end Active Object Tracking and Its Real-world Deployment via Reinforcement Learning”, TPAMI 2019. (* indicates equal contribution)
- Fangwei Zhong, Peng Sun, Wenhan Luo, Tingyun Yan, Yizhou Wang, AD-VAT: An Asymmetric Dueling mechanism for learning Visual Active Tracking, ICLR 2019 (an earlier version also appeared in NIPS workshop on Deep Reinforcement Learning, 2018).
- Wenhan Luo*, Peng Sun*, Fangwei Zhong, Wei Liu, Tong Zhang, Yizhou Wang. “End-to-end Active Object Tracking via Reinforcement Learning”, ICML 2018. (* indicates equal contribution)
- Li Shen, Peng Sun, Yitong Wang, Wei Liu, Tong Zhang. “An Algorithmic Framework of Variable Metric Over-Relaxed Hybrid Proximal Extra-Gradient Method”, ICML 2018.
- Baoyuan Wu, Weidong Chen, Peng Sun, Wei Liu, Bernard Ghanem, Siwei Lyu. “Tagging Like Humans: Diverse and Distinct Image Annotation”, CVPR 2018
- Qing Wang, Jiechao Xiong, Lei Han, Peng Sun, Han Liu, Tong Zhang. “Exponentially Weighted Imitation Learning for Batched Historical Data”, NIPS 2018
- Knight-Greenfield, Ashley and N. Beecy, Ashley and Chang, Qi and Anchouche, Khalil and Baskaran, Lohendran and Elmore, Kimberly and Kolli, Kranthi and Wang, Hao and Al’Aref, Subhi and M Peña, Jessica and Patel, Praneil and Peng Sun and Zhang, Tong and Kamel, Hooman and Min, James and Gupta, Ajay. “A Novel Deep Learning Approach for Automated Diagnosis of Cerebrovascular Accidents”, Journal of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography, 2017
- Guanglei Xiong, Peng Sun, Anna Starikov, Haoyin Zhou, Seongmin Ha, Quynh Truong, James Min. “Comprehensive Modeling and Visualization of Cardiac Anatomy and Physiology from CT Imaging and Computer Simulations”, IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 2016
- Haoyin Zhou, Peng Sun, Seongmin Ha, James K. Min, Guanglei Xiong. “Modeling of Bifurcated Tubular Structures for Vessel Segmentation”, Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, 2015
- Peng Sun, Tong Zhang, Jie Zhou. “A Convergence Rate Analysis for LogitBoost, MART and Their Variant”. ICML2014
- Peng Sun, Mark D. Reid, Jie Zhou. “An Improved Multiclass LogitBoost Using Adaptive-One-vs-One”, Machine Learning (MLJ), 2014, 97(3): 295-326.
- Peng Sun, Jie Zhou. “Saving Evaluation Time for the Decision Function in Boosting: Representation and Reordering Base Learner”, ICML 2013.
- Peng Sun, Mark D. Reid, Jie Zhou. “AOSO-LogitBoost: Adaptive One-Vs-One LogitBoost for Multi-Class Problems”, ICML 2012.
- Mark D. Reid, Robert C. Williamson, Peng Sun. “The Convexity and Design of Composite Multiclass Losses”, ICML 2012.
- Peng Sun, Yinan Na, and Jie Zhou. “A novel algorithm for cut shot boundary detection.” Seventh International Symposium on Multispectral Image Processing and Pattern Recognition (MIPPR2011). SPIE, 2011.
- My PhD Thesis: “Improved Boosting Classifier” (In Chinese, available upon request)
- Registered reviewer for Journal of Machine Learning Research (JMLR), Machine Learning (MLJ), IEEE Transaction on Image Processing (TIP), NIPS(2017, 2018), International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML2016, 2017, 2018).
- Invited talk at Learning to Rank Team, Division of Page Searching, Baidu Inc., Oct 2013.
- ViZDoom maps/scenarios for the ICML2018 Active Object Tracking paper
- Distributed Multiple-Learner-Multiple-Actor IMPALA
- 3D Conv Layer (mex for Matlab, with CUDA)
- CT volume segmentation based on 3D ConvNet (in Matlab). The NN Lib, Vessel Segmentation, 3D Heart Pose Regression
- One-Hot ConvNet for Text Classification (in Torch 7)
- The Multi-Class LogitBoost for the ICML2012 AOSO-LogitBoost paper
- Data Conversion between Matlab & C++